Monday, May 11, 2015

Strawberry Lemonade cupcakes


Hey, its me! Last week I found a recipe for this strawberry lemonade cake, and it sounded amazing. So I thought I'd put my own little twist on it, alter a couple of things, and turn it into Strawberry Lemonade cupcakes. And can I just say....this is my fave recipe yet. They are soooo gooooddd!!!


Ingredients:

1)  1 box of strawberry cake mix
2 ) 1 or 2 containers of vanilla frosting (not the whipped kind)  
**The amount of containers you will need depends on how you ice your cupcakes. I use a  piping bag, which can sometimes use a little more icing then just smearing it on with a knife. **
3) 1 packet of lemonade Kool-Aid
4) Yellow food coloring
5) Sliced strawberries

Directions:

1) Mix & bake the cake mix per the instructions on the box.

2) Add about 1/4 of the kool-aid packet of dry powder, to the icing and mix well.  Of course you can add more to taste, but I suggest to take it slow when adding the flavoring, until its to your liking.

3) Once the icing has the flavor you want, add a bit of yellow food dye to give it that lemonade coloring.


4)Frost/Ice your cupcakes
5) slice a few strawberries and add to the top of the icing, for garnish.


ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment