Thursday, January 22, 2015

BBQ Bacon Dip


Hey all!

My daughter made a recipe like this at school last year. It sounded a little strange to me, but we made our own version, to snack on, during a football game. And it was a hit!!  This is a new house favorite of ours, so I thought I'd share it.
I apologize there is not a photo of the actual dip, as I forgot to take one.

Ingredients:
*1 package of Thin Turkey bacon
*1 block of cream cheese
*1 cup of BBQ sauce
*shredded cheddar cheese
*chopped scallions aka green onions





Directions:
*Spread the cream cheese into a shallow casserole dish of small-medium size. We used out glass pie dish.
*Drizzle or spread BBQ sauce over top
*Cook bacon until crispy, then crumble over top of the BBQ sauce (you can opt to use bacon bits for this step if you choose - but we prefer the real bacon flavor)
*Top with shredded cheese and onions
*Heat in microwave for about 1 minute
*Service with chips or crackers of your choice. We used tortilla chips.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment