Thursday, December 4, 2014

Easy fajitas


Hey all! As I was cooking one of my favorite dinners the other night, I thought it might be a good recipe to share with you all. So I started snapping pics as I was cooking.

I like to cook build-your-own type meals. But tacos can sometimes get redundant. So, to mix up that flavor, I will make fajitas instead. They are actually pretty easy to do. And sooo yummy as well. 

First you start with a marinade. I prefer teriyaki type flavors, but they have many out there you can use, according to your own taste.


 Cut up the chicken into strips (or buy them pre-cut like that), and marinate them, while you do the next step.





 While the chicken is marinating, chop up some veggies of your choice. I use peppers & onions. Its preferable to cut them into stirps, so they can lay in your tortilla easily.  Next I will saute them in a mixture of the marinade and a little oil. OH the aromas from this step - yumm.



once the veggies are done, I pull them out of the pan and set them aside. Then I cook the chicken in the same manner, in the same pan. once the chicken is done, i will throw the veggies back in and cook it all together for about 5 more minutes. This helps all the flavors blend together.
 


Last, I simply spread some sour cream on a tortilla, add my veggies and chicken, and enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment