Wednesday, December 3, 2014

My Top 5 Christmas Movies

I remember as a kid, there was one night every year, where they would play a couple of my favorite classic Christmas movies, in a row. I recall being committed to watching them every year. It was like an event.
Now they have so many more new movies and shows that are becoming Christmas classics. And they play all month long. So I am trying to get my girls to sit down each night, to watch a Christmas movie with me. Some they like, some they don't. But I am sure they will grow to collect their own favorites.
For fun, I have listed my picks for Top 5 Christmas Movies I must watch every year.  What are some of your favorites that have become traditions in your home?


How the Grinch Stole Christmas - the Original
This is one I have liked since I was a kid. It tells the story of a grump man, who in the end realizes that he does like Christmas. I mean, how can you NOT like Christmas???

Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer
I think I always related to this one as a child, because I was a very shy child. 

A Christmas Carol
I love the whole concept of the time travel in this one. I can watch almost any version of this story. My favorite is Mickey's version.

The Polar Express
This is a new favorite I discovered a few years after it had already come out. I love how its all about the magic of Christmas.

A Christmas Story
Its a classic with comedy. Its on all day long, every Christmas. how can you NOT watch this movie on Christmas??

No comments:

Post a Comment