Monday, November 10, 2014

Thanksgiving decor

Hey all!  I don't know about all you, but something in me really really wants to decorate for Christmas now, but I CAN'T. I just CAN'T do it! Holidays all run in together now and each should get the respect they deserve. So this weekend, I decorated a little, for Thanksgiving.
All items, except the popcorn, I got from Dollar Stores. (most I bought last year) Yeah, so the popcorn....UGH...ended up paying $5 for it. No dollar stores had any. And the cheaper the popcorn I found, it looked more white then yellow and that is not what I wanted. But, it is what it is, at least I  can bag it up and save for next year.

Enjoy the photos of my creations and I hope they help inspire you for the kick off to your holiday seasons.



I don't know if you can see it, but I had little pine cones on top of the popcorn to help hide the green stems from the flowers (silk). 
I decided to use some more plastic pumpkins and a few I got from Dollar general, to make a little pumpkin patch around the main arrangement.

Most Dollar Trees now have bags of fake gourds and fall decor. I just packed them into the clear vases. To alter them a little, I filled once vase halfway with popcorn, then layered only acorns on top, then only pine cones of top of that. While the other two are a mix up.


Last but not least, don't forget you can decorate also, stacking up those cute tissue boxes that are out right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment