Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Walking Apps

As moms, we don't always have time to hit the gym. Heck sometimes we don't even have time to work out at home. But we need to realize that our everyday lives, can be a workout in themselves. Myself in the last 2 days, with laundry and errands, my legs were killing me.  But there are ways for us to see what exercise we already get with our normal lives, and how we can maybe push ourselves more.

When I got my new phone a few months ago, it had an app preloaded onto it, that I am now in love with.  it tracks how many steps a day i take. And this is great for me, because I am not a purse person, so my phone is always in my pocket, therefore it tracks all the time.

I like to see how many steps I have taken each day. It automatically pre-programs the goal to 10,000 steps a day, which I never hit. But the fact that it does this, makes me want to check it all the time.

I know 10,000 might not seem like a lot, but...I work 9 hours a day at a computer, at home. So I am not walking around an office all day. I also, tend to have my phone charging for about an hour a day, so those steps aren't tracked.  But on weekends, with running errands all day, I kind of look at the step tracker of a way to tell myself how busy I was that day.

It tells me how many calories I burned with all these steps. It has a food tracker as well, so you can see how many calories you are eating, compared to how many you are burning off. It's pretty cool!

If you track a walk you take, on purpose to exercise, tracking it helps you push yourself to walk more next time. And if you are not a walker, it tracks your normal daily steps so you can see how active you really are, or arent.

But even if you phone doesn't come with the app preloaded, there are many out there. I listed a few below. Check them out, try them out. You might just get more motivated to get moving more. (or tell yourself to slow down more, if that's the case)

Noom Walk
Walk with Map My Walk
Walk Step Counter-Pedometer
S Health - Walking Mate
Every Body Walk!






No comments:

Post a Comment