Friday, July 11, 2014

Pork & Gravy - crock pot style


  Night 1 of forced crock pot dinners.  Maybe the oven will be working in a few days, or maybe we will have a new one next week. Not sure yet.  However, to prevent the same old same old, I am trying to get a bit creative. And hopefully through my posts, others will realize, as I did, that crock pot cooking is not scary and sooooo easy when you just don't know how to cook meats (like me).

 Tonight's dinner is pork chops with gravy.

Ingredients:
*pork chops
*pork gravy
*package of onion soup mix
*sliced onions

1 - I pour the gravy into the crockpot
2 - fill the empty jar with water about 3/4 of the way and pour in the soup mix. SHAKE IT and pout into the crockpot. 
3 - Mix everything together & put the pork chops over top.
4 - Cook on high for about 2-3 hours, then add some thick sliced onions, and turn the crockpot to low.
Serve when its done, to your liking. 

Our thoughts on how this turned out:
I used too much water, so it was more cooking in a broth then in gravy. But...it still tasted pretty cook.  I wish I has another thing of gravy, because regular gravy poured over the pork chops cooked like that would have been a little better. 

PS - Later this night we tested the stove again and everything was working just fine again. Weird. But due to summer time, I am still doing a lot of crock pot cooking anyway and will be trying out a new Mexican recipe this weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment