Saturday, July 12, 2014

Duct Tape makeover

Hey all!  Hope you are having a great Saturday.

I just wanted to hop on here and show you what my project for today was. We made over the drawer fronts of a couple of my girls dressers and drawers with some of that funky duct tape they have out now. Its not the most perfect project, but I think its much better then looking at the before.

The below was one of those Rubbermaid drawers, that we once used as temporary dressers. they are now used as toy bins for the twins. But as you can see, they were a bit dirty and one drawer was even cracked.  Well, we still need them and can't afford another set right now so....we added some duct tape. It was pretty easy. I just had to take a pocket knife/Xacto knife around the drawer pulls to remove the tape from them.




This one is the nightstand in my almost 11 yr olds room.  I did have a before pic, but for some reason it didn't save and I didn't know until I was finished. It was just a plain golden wood type of color. (it looked like the knobs do, as we didn't do anything to those...yet.   This one was even easier to do, because of all the straight lines. I am even considering doing her plain white dressers now too. Hmmmm...??

If anyone else out there has done something like this, or decides to after seeing this post, I would love to see. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment