Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Finding time & making excuses

OK, here we go again. Another diet/exercise revelation I have come to. I want to get back to the gym. Heck I am still paying for it, for the simple reason that I have NO excuse not to go, as long as I have a membership. But damn if I haven't been great at finding one excuse after another. UGH

But this time I NEED to. I need to stop fighting it. I am NOT happy with my body at all so I don't know what makes me not want to. Other then the fact that my life takes up so much time, I have to "find time" to hit the gym. And for me, having to "find time" to do anything optional, is not always an option.

I admit, as a mom of 3 with a husband who works nights, when I have nothing to do, that is just what i want to do, NOTHING.

I told myself when school started... last year....that I would hit the gym after dropping off the twins, everyday, even if it was only a 20 minute workout. Something is better then nothing. And I did good with this for a while. Not getting much in, in the morning, made me push to find time in other areas of my day. Then I decided, to swap drop offs with Brian, and take the earlier drop off, so I could get in a 45 min morning work out. This lasted all of about 2 months.  I was starting to have aches and pains for no reason. I had to take ibuprofen just to go to the gym. And I wasn't seeing results. So I gave up for a while, to let my body chill out, so I could better analyze what was going on.
Then winter hit and it snowed all the time. I hate the snow.

Spring came......once again I was all gun ho about doing this. I hit the gym on a Saturday afternoon so it wasn't too busy and I came out to a flat tire. Really?????  I have a paranoia about flat tires, so now my brain is associating the gym parking lot with getting a flat. UGH

Then I told myself that I was going to force myself to wake up a little early, at least 2-3 times a week during the summer, and get in an hour at the gym before work. We are on week 3 of summer and I am still making excuses. I DID go out and buy some new clothes for the gym so I can't use the excuse that I don't have the right things to wear.

My last step to making sure I have no excuses, is getting back to going to bed earlier. I have been side tracked by taking the kids out every night and we all end up being up until 1 or 2am, but I need to get back to an earlier schedule again, so its easier for me to get up earlier like I want to.

I can do this....I NEED to do this......I should probably be at the gym right now as I type this.....







No comments:

Post a Comment