Thursday, July 24, 2014

Day in the Life - Summer time and working from home

Things are so calm around here lately, I feel like I have nothing to blog about. So, I decided to just give you a play by play of my day. I am literally going to be updating this blog post throughout the day as I go.  Its summertime, the kids are home, and I work from home as well.
yes I know this might bore the pants off of some people, but it might help you have a little insight to how my day REALLY goes.

8:45am:  Drag my butt out of bed. Head downstairs. Swap out the computers & get it booted up, while I make my coffee.

9:00am:  Check my work email, reply to some & sort through it all. Check social media real fast and personal email accounts.(don't judge we ALL do this)  Do the morning number orders and sort through more work stuff to mentally get set for what is needing to get done that day.


10:15am - 12:20pm: Time to go wake up the kids. They have summer camp this week. its only from 12:30 to 2:30pm, but it gets them out of the house for a bit. Also got myself dressed, made another cup of coffee. Dug back into work while doing some verbal parenting.

12:20pm: Take 1/2 my lunch break to drop twins off at summer camp. Also had to stop at store real fast for drinks for the house.

12:45pm - 2:15PM: log back in and continue work. Make myself lunch and eat while at my computer.

 2:15 PM - 2:45PM:  Take half my lunch break to pick up kids from summer camp.

2:45pm - 4:30pm:  Work while parenting from my desk. Throw a load of laundry in and fold whats in the dryer already.

4:30 - 5:00pm:  Conference call while silently shushing my kids and mouthing at them to shut up.

5pm - 6pm; More working, while trying to prepare dinner in tiny little steps.

6:00pm:  Go back and forth about dinner, while ultimately deciding on soup. Do a little dishes before leaving the house.

6:30ish: head to my nieces house for BD cake for one of her kids, and mingle with people I either don't know or haven't seen in a while.

Today wasn't so bad, it was actually a quit quiet day. I will have to do this again on a full eventful day. But its still an insight as to what its like to work from home with kids.






No comments:

Post a Comment