Monday, September 19, 2016

Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers


Hey all!

If you follow me, you all may know that I live right across the river from Philadelphia...home of the famous cheese steak!!!  However, I have also been trying to find new twist on classic faves, that are just a tad bit healthier. Which led me to this.......the Cheese steak Stuffed Peppers.

Ingredients:

*Thin sliced steak (my grocery store  has packages of this steak that is almost roast beef thin, precut and only about $3 a package. For 5 peppers, I used 3 packages of steak, but should have used 4)
*Bell peppers
*Onions - sliced
*Shredded cheese of your choice (I am thinking this might be really good "wit" Cheese Whiz)
*Seasonings of your choice (I used seasoned salt and onion powder)

Directions:

1 - Cut the tops of the peppers off, and remote the seeds and inside core, so you just have a shell.  Place all of them inside a baking dish, to help them stand.
2 - Saute the steak, in a pan with a little cooking spray, and any seasonings you may want.
3 - Once steak is about halfway cooked, throw in sliced onions.  Saute all together, until fully cooked to your liking.


4 - Place a little cheese in the bottom of all the peppers.


5 - Place a layer on steak and onions over the cheese, Then top with cheese. Continue layering until the pepper shells are filled.


 6 - Bake in the oven at 375degrees until cheese is fully melted. Enjoy!!!




Places you can follow my adventures and crafts:
Facebook
Instagram @3LadybugCrafts
Etsy - 3LadybugCrafts




No comments:

Post a Comment