Friday, January 15, 2016

How to make felt rosettes



Hey all!

I have been busy the last week working on a wreath for Valentine's Day. I am not sure if I will post it for sale on my Etsy shop, but I wanted to mainly make it for ME. I have seen ones like this in stores and I just couldn't bring myself to pay the price for them. So I decided to make it myself.
Its a simple wreath covered in felt rosettes. Although they are easy to make, its VERY time consuming and the redundancy can be boring. But its worth it in the end.

First, you find a round object you want to use as a template. The bigger or smaller the circle, the bigger or smaller the rosette will be. Below, I used the lid to a 3 wick candle. Trace the amount of circles you need for your project.

 Once you cut out the circle, begin to cut it into a spiral.



Next start at the pointy end, and begin to roll the felt.
I find that if you hold it between your thumb and middle finger, you can better guide it. You want the bottom of the rosette to be level and sort of flat. That helps create the rosette look on the top, which is the part that will be showing on your project.


Once you get to the end, you will be left with the larger center of the spiral you cut.
 Place a glob of hot glue in the middle and use that last bit as like a lid.
 I like to trim it a bit once I am done. There might be a few parts of your spiral that might not be round, so you can trim them to round them out. And voila...felt rosettes!!! 

Happy Crafting!!


No comments:

Post a Comment