Wednesday, May 6, 2015

My ideal Mother's Day


I wake in the morning, in a Snow White sort of way. Bright eyes, happy and signing. I would drink my coffee that was made by cute little blue birds.

Once I was awake, my children would come downstairs in a Sound of Music type of way - all in a line, with smiles on their faces & a pep in their steps. Each would give me a hug, a peck on the cheek, and would shower me with gifts, before retreating back to their room to make them spotlessly clean.

After eating my professional chef made pancakes, I would snap my fingers and have hair and makeup done.

Off to the mall I would go, for an unlimited shopping spree, alone.

Upon my return home,  I would enter my HGTV decorated bedroom for an uninterrupted nap.

After my nap, I would have slushy drinks waiting for me, on my perfect back yard patio, while we wait for guests. As people arrived to our home, those professional chef would be preparing a lovely meal for the evening.

After some family time with my own mother and children, everyone would go home. The chefs would clean the kitchen spotless before leaving for the night  themselves.

I then would venture into my perfect bath full of Lush products. No one would knock on the door or bust in to use the bathroom.

By the time I got out of the bath, my children's lunches would be made and they would all be tucked in bed and sleeping soundly.

To end the night, I would rest my head on my pillow and dream of another perfect day.

In the morning I would wake to realize... it was all a dream!!!  

I am not here to make you think life is perfect, but wouldn't it be nice??

Happy Mother's Day to all of the hard working moms out there who push their owns wants/needs aside for their family and still survive life!  X0XO



No comments:

Post a Comment