Wednesday, March 4, 2015

New way to make some extra income??

Hey all!


Lately, I have been trying to think of some things I can do while I am at home, to keep me occupied. Keep me calm as well, maybe?

While browsing Pintrest and other craft sites I have seen a lot of variations of art that is done on canvas. Art that is simple.

I personally like geometric designs and pops of color. So I went for it. I came up with a design for a piece for our living room.





While doing this, I was thinking of a bunch of other creative things I could come up with that can be done on canvas. And I got to thinking...maybe I should try to sell these. Maybe I should open up an Etsy shop.

So that is the plan for now. I will be working on getting a bunch of simple art work done, and researching the How To's on having an Etsy shop.

Since my husband had to cut back his hours at work, due to his MS, I have been trying to think of things HE can do to help out and keep himself occupied. And then in all reality last week, it hit me that we are living too tight of a budget and the girls might not be able to do dance classes next year. I had a talk with them and although they understood, I could hear the heartbreak in their voices.
I really don't want to take that away from them. There are not many kids in our neighborhood their ages, so I look at dance as a way for them to socialize as well.  But after school sports don't mesh well with my working schedule, and my husbands schedule (although only part time) changes from week to week, sometimes even on a whim.  I just really would like to help my daughters continue with their dance classes for years to come.

All in all, I just wanted to put this out there, to see if anyone out there would at all be interested in buying items like this? I also will be doing some front door decorations. Also, if anyone out there has an Etsy shop and is willing to share any tips they have, that would be greatly appreciated.

I look forward to sharing all of our artwork with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment