Saturday, May 3, 2014

Spring Fling




Spring showers bring May flowers! Or at least, they inspire me to buy some fake ones - ha ha. 
Over the past 6 months, I have been trying to put a few items around to help decorate for the holiday or season, and I felt it was time to get some bright Spring-ness going in here. So, I hit Dollar Tree. 
My goal while I was there was sunflowers, or gerber daisies, but then these bright green and orange flowers popped out at me and I had to have them.
I already had 3 vases and some glass bead filling, but picked up some more glass beads. I also saw, that now Dollar Tree has a bunch of vases much like these, in many different styles too.
While browsing to see what other miscellaneous items I could find as vase fillers, I came across some plastic fruit, so I picked up a few. 


The end result is not exactly what I had in mind, but I still like the way it came out.

Hope this helps inspire you too to add a little spring of color around your house. 

  This is the tall vase.
Tall vase on the shelf over my desk.
  ( sorry for the coloring, I have dull light and yellow painted walls)



This is just a few plastic fruit in a vase. I kinda like the way it looks.


Hope this helps inspire your Spring home decor. Would love to see what you all have come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment